Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie (10 servings)
- 5 granny smith apples, sliced
- 2 cans cinnamon roll
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a pie dish with nonstick oil.
- Peel and cut the apples into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch to apples and stir.
- Cut each cinnamon roll in half and roll out with flour until thin.
- Layer the bottom of the pie dish with the flattened cinnamon rolls to create a bottom crust.
- Add the apples and layer the rest of the rolls on top to create a closed crust, pinch any holes together with your fingers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Allow the pie to cool and drizzle with icing.
I pressed each cinnamon roll flat as I was unable to cut them in half.
I added nutmeg to the apples also. Sprinkled on top so no idea of amount.
Nutrition Info (Estimated values based on one serving size).
- Calories 99
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 0g