This is the first time I’ve made a pie/tart of this nature. It was very simple, turned out well, and delicious!
- 1 sheet of puff pasty
- 1 1/4 cups of strawberries (sufficient to line the bottom of your spring loaded pan)
- 1/2 cup sugar, or sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup butter
Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Defrost one sheet of puff pastry (about 30 to 40 minutes)
- Place your pan on the puff pastry and run a knife around the edge of the pan.
- Poke holes in the puff pastry with a fork.
- Set aside
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Set aside
- Pour the sugar into a large pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar has melted and turns a light brown. NOTE: If you are using a sugar substitute as I did, melting does not occur until the butter is added.
- Add the butter and stir until incorporated.
- Add the strawberries.
- Stir the strawberries to coat with the melted mixture. Do NOT cook the strawberries.
- Remove from heat and arrange strawberries in a buttered pan.
- Add the puff pastry to the top and tuck the pastry down the sides of the tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes until pastry is brown on top. (Remember to place your tin on a tray. Makes any leakage easier to clean up)
- Leave to cook for 1 to 2 hours and invert onto a plate.
- Serve with a topping of your choice.